24. Chronic Pain After Pregnancy and Infant Loss with Macy Guisto, DPT
Macy Guisto, DPT talks about chronic pain after pregnancy and infant loss.
In this episode she talks about:
- Risk factors - emotional overload, trauma
- Pain after delivery or c-section
- Identifying contributing factors
- lack of sleep
- emotional overload
- constantly in "fight or flight" mode
- stressors (like loss)
- Induced labor, epidurals, and c-sections have been shown to increase the risk of developing chronic pain
- How do you make a plan and where do you start?
- 3 Priorities
- Give yourself grace
- Start moving
- Have a way to manage stress
Where to find Macy Guisto.
Pause to Remember Resources for Healthcare Providers Grieving After Pregnancy and Infant Loss
- Facebook Group
- Virtual Support Group
- Amy's Calendar to talk 1:1
- eBook - A Guide After Pregnancy & Infant Loss
- Refer a provider (therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, etc)
- Be a guest on the podcast
- Contact Amy
- Yoga with the Pause to Remember Community
NEW OFFERING IN 2023! - MNDFL Rx (Mindful Prescription) A 4-week mindfulness based grief course for healthcare providers grieving after pregnancy or infant loss. Learn more and sign up for the January 2023 group or private options here.
Where to find Pause to Remember
Support Pause to Remember
- Want to donate to help support this podcast, the virtual support group, and other resources that are offered for free? Click here.
- Music credit: Fractal of Light, by Chris Haugen