27. Bailey Dykema, CRNA - Infertility, Miscarriage, Stress, & Self-Care
Bailey Dykema, CRNA works in Minnesota at a critical access hospital. She has been on a four year infertility journey (IUI and IVF) and experienced a miscarriage in November 2022.
Bailey shares her experiences with:
- PCOS, hypothalamic amenorrhea, and nutritional issues related to overtraining/HIIT workouts
- Stress related to moving, getting married, starting a new job/career, COVID-19, infertility, financial strain of paying for fertility treatments, draining PTO
- Self care includes therapy with Debbie Fischer at Partners (in)fertility, taking time off from work, changing her workouts, and Fertility Hope Yoga
- Community support including Hugh and Grace and Mom's In the Making
- Holistic/functional medicine approach to infertility, questioning what is in our environment, in our personal care products, and endocrine disruptors
You can connect with Bailey on Instagram @mrs_dykema
Find more resources in this blog post.
Pause to Remember Information
NEW OFFERING IN 2023! - MNDFL Rx (Mindful Prescription) A 4-week mindfulness based grief course for healthcare providers grieving after pregnancy or infant loss. Learn more and sign up for the March 2023 group or private options here.
Pause to Remember Resources for Healthcare Providers Grieving After Pregnancy and Infant Loss
- Facebook Group, Virtual Support Group, Amy's Calendar to talk 1:1, eBook - A Guide After Pregnancy & Infant Loss, Refer a provider (therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, etc), Be a guest on the podcast, Contact Amy
Financially Support Pause to Remember - Click here to donate.
Music credit: Fractal of Light, by Chris Haugen
Podcast editor: Jake Swanson